Maintaining your garage door is a lot easier than you may think. You should service your garage door at least once every six months. This guide will walk you through the steps of servicing your door.
What you need:
- Close the Garage door
- Use silicone lube and spray the hinges on the door
- Spray the rollers (Wheels) and the tracks
- If you have springs above your door, spray them as well. Make sure you do not spray the first and last 3 inches
- Take the step ladder and place it underneath the garage door opener rail
- Apply the white lithium grease to the bottom of the rail
- Chain opener: Apply white lithium grease along the chain Belt opener: Apply white lithium grease along the inside of the belt
- Run the garage door through one cycle (Up and down)
And that’s all there is to it. This can potentially save you money in the future on repairs.